Different purchases are made in a lifetime – some are small and on a daily basis, and others are large, perhaps only made once or twice. With the smaller purchases such as grocery shopping there is not much need for a high level of interaction with the supermarket staff. However, when it comes to making a large, costly purchase, such as hydraulic equipment, there is a definite need for an informed salesman who knows what they are talking about and who understands your needs.
With every business, the sale is important – getting your product into the hands of those who need it. However, where many companies fall short is the after sales satisfaction. It is not only about finding the customer, it is about keeping that customer for future sales and referrals. It has been said that wooing a new customer can be seven times more costly than growing the customer you already have. In order to grow this relationship you need to offer every opportunity for help.
Customers nowadays are no longer choosing the first company they come across and taking their business to them. They have the opportunity to research options, chat to others about their experiences with the company, and see if their needs can be met. If they are making a large purchase, they expect their needs to be fulfilled and this includes after sales satisfaction. With the information readily available they are able to find the best choice suited to them.
When it comes to offering efficient after sales support the following needs to be considered and implemented:
- The possibility of service in even remote areas of the country. National outlets allow for aid when it is needed.
- Keeping in touch with the customer is vital. A once a month check-in ensures them that they are important to the company, and it also creates top of mind awareness.
- Quick turnaround response times need to occur. Depending on the need, this can be done either via email or in person. Do not keep the customer waiting.
- A team on the ground that can aid in quick repairs to help keep the customer’s business going, is vital. Having the equipment spares needed for the repair in stock will ensure a quick fix and customer satisfaction.
- Training should be offered on all equipment. This will also ensure the longevity of the product when it is used correctly.
Power Team, distributors of high-force precision tools and workshop equipment, understands the need for continued support to all their customers. Dealing with technical equipment to be used in difficult environments, there needs to be a complete understanding of the equipment being sold, and the service required once it has left the warehouse floor and been delivered. This is not where the interaction with the customer ends and is extended beyond.
With the support given by Power Team, the equipment’s longevity will be extended and work at its optimum. Their sales and support teams include national distribution outlets across South Africa, distribution in six African countries, professional technical assistance and training, breakdown repairs in 24 – 48 hours and fast local response times to call outs. Their technical sales representatives can provide assistance with product requirements, product demonstrations and even offer training for safe product use.
Main Image: Micro2000